- Sea whips and leather corals of PhiPhi
- Towed underwater camera sled available for hire
- Albatross: Ocean navigators par excellence.
- Scallop dredging: how we approach marine habitat protection from entirely the wrong direction.
- Nitrogen narcosis, Rapture of the Depths, what do we really know about it?
MBI Blog Newsletter
Tag Archives: marine conservation
I first wrote this blog back in 2012. If moved off-site for several years, but in 2020 I’ve reinstated it, with a few very minor changes. Lyme bay now has statutory protection from scallop dredging, and all towed bottom fishing … Continue reading
Final Report covering diver monitoring 2008-2010 now available here. Introduction In 2008, DEFRA closed an area of Lyme Bay, southwest England, some 60 square miles in extent to all mobile benthic fishing gear, i.e. bottom trawling and scallop dredging. This … Continue reading