- Towed underwater camera sled system for sale
- Albatross: Ocean navigators par excellence.
- Scallop dredging: how we approach marine habitat protection from entirely the wrong direction.
- Nitrogen narcosis, Rapture of the Depths, what do we really know about it?
- Great whites sharks, makos or sailfish, what is the fastest fish?
MBI Blog Newsletter
Tag Archives: seabed impacts
Scallop dredging: why is it considered so damaging to reefs?
I first wrote this blog back in 2012. If moved off-site for several years, but in 2020 I’ve reinstated it, with a few very minor changes. Lyme bay now has statutory protection from scallop dredging, and all towed bottom fishing … Continue reading
Posted in Lyme Bay marine ecology Tagged fisheries habitat impacts, Lyme Bay, Lyme Bay Closed Area, Lyme Bay Reefs, marine conservation, mobile fishing gear, scallop dredging, scallop dredging damage, scallop dredging impacts, seabed damage, seabed habitat destruction, seabed impacts, towed fishing gear habitat impacts Leave a comment