- Towed underwater camera sled available for hire
- Albatross: Ocean navigators par excellence.
- Scallop dredging: how we approach marine habitat protection from entirely the wrong direction.
- Nitrogen narcosis, Rapture of the Depths, what do we really know about it?
- Great whites sharks, makos or sailfish, what is the fastest fish?
MBI Blog Newsletter
Tag Archives: Lyme Bay Reefs
I first wrote this blog back in 2012. If moved off-site for several years, but in 2020 I’ve reinstated it, with a few very minor changes. Lyme bay now has statutory protection from scallop dredging, and all towed bottom fishing … Continue reading
Summary Lyme Bay Closed Area was a first for British waters. The very first statutory closed area established for conservation reason, protecting fragile reefs and associated species from the effects of bottom-fishing trawls and scallop dredges. It was a long … Continue reading